Friday, March 03, 2006

Superman has joined the JLA

So I finally broke down and created a MySpace account - it seems to be the place where everyone else that I know - and t a ton people that I don't know - hang out and spend all of their free time - so I thought, what the hell, I will join too!

So check it out - I have a link in the sidebar.

So after I posted last night I had to work and had a wonderful conversation with one of my regulars about acting and trying to find ones way in the world. He told me about a few friends of his that he has - some of them working in my industry and others working in, well, other industries - but all of them doing very well for themselves. He said "Look, I know you but I don't - and you seem like a good guy and a hard worker. Now these are things that I pick up from you. And you seem to have a way about yourself, people dig you, and that combined with alot of hardwork and the ability to wait will take you very far." He was saying that this town is full of great things and that the world, Hollywood and beyond, cannot turn their heads forever - one day they are going to want to know what the heck you are up to - and when that day come - hang on! And so I felt better - not to mention that the day before I was putting a fat check in the bank from my Simmions commercial and I still have one on the way from that gig! =)

And then I came home from work and Bree told me all about the casting class that she had gone too with our friend Phil - Seth Colten (CD for CSI:Miami) was teaching it - they were doing mock auditions, which he would tape and then go throught with the class afterward - Bree got massive compliments from Seth, was told that with an audition like hers she would have gone right to Producers (which is a huge thing, for those that don't know) and she learned a ton of wonderful things about auditioning and getting the type of work that is going to put us on the map - So needless to say, it was an ok day turned into a great night.

So this morning I home hanging with Nick and J-buddy - on my way out to the gym in a few mintues (after breakfast) and then to work tonight. Bree has two auditions today - one for the bank commercial I had yesterday and I don't remember what the other was for... (sorry baby) But none the less, they were both through her agent, which is great!

So I am going to put some finishing touchs on my MySpace account, eat my breakfast and then hit the gym before work.

Love to ya!

J.

2 comments:

Perfectly Paper said...

Cute myspace picture Jas! Glad you've entered into the addicting world of myspace!!! Enjoy!

Neil said...

Yeah, hang in there pal. Jenna Fischer (who plays Pam on "The Office") said she lived in Los Angeles SEVEN YEARS before this break came. Be patient, work hard.