Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The first 15 are leaving the gate!


Boy am I pooped! So I put the finishing touches on my letter to the managers that I am trying to get. I worked on it till almost 2am last night and I think that it is a really great letter, that captures myself while still walking the line of being professional, but not at all stuffy! Here it is for you all to read and check out:

Hello there,

My name is Jason Lovett. and I’m an actor living and working in LA. I’m originally from Chicago, and right now I see myself as a “whale in a teardrop” - I have talent, drive, and a powerful Midwestern work ethic which has done well for me. I have a boutique commercial agent (RPM Talent) and I’ve booked some nice jobs through them, most recently a Simmons Beauty Rest commercial. But I’m hindered by my lack of ability to move up from the minor leagues. I’ve made some small films (one of which is being considered for Tribeca this year), booked commercials, played leads in Shakespeare and been nominated for an Irene Ryan.

Where I want to be is to be the worst actor in the room... what I mean by that is if I am in a room with Mark Ruffalo, Johnny Depp and Terrance Howard... I’m seen as the worst actor walking into that room. From there, I want to be the best actor walking into that room - but first I need to get into that room...

This is where you come in. I know my success as an actor will be greater and more lucrative when I can function as part of a creative team. I have the drive, intelligence, sense of humor, humility (sometimes...) and talent to be a successful and profitable actor. My goal is not to just work, not to just be a good actor, but to be the very best - the top of my field.

Up till now, my focus has been raw and I have reached a plato without someone to guide me and based upon my research, I believe we may be able to work together to create a strong cooperative aimed at developing and marketing my career.

I’d love an opportunity to meet with you to discuss my abilities and goals, and to determine whether we may be well suited to work together.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Jason Ryan Lovett

So what do you think? I like it - a little cocky, but I feel like it really grabs you. The people that are turned on by it are the kind of go-get-'er type managers that I want, and those that are turned off by it would only be turned off by me, and I feel like I saved us both the waste of each others time.

So today was another great day - I got up around 6:30am, hit the train into downtown, then hit the gym for another rump-kick'n work-out and then to the DG. Bree had the morning off, and I was glad to watch her sleep in for a change, she really needs some good relax'n time - because she doesn't take enough for herself - she was very beautiful and peaceful this morning, I almost didn't want to leave... but I digress... So work was kind of in chaos today, what with computers breaking and me getting out late because of slow people (you know who you are) and then it was a trip into Hollywood for my audition today. I was auditioning for an NHL Spec, which seems really funny and I would love to get - it is about this guy who is SO into hockey and misses it so much that he tapes everything in his tool shed like a hockey stick, and at the end, walking out with his newly taped shovel he sees his neighbour dressed like a goalee trimming his bushes - it is super funny!

And then it was home, and down to work on the computer. I am putting together a list of classes that I am going to audit over the next few weeks, and cannot wait to find a place to learn and play. And tonight I put together 15 manager mailing, which are going to go into the mail. I also found one in this group that I really REALLY want to get on my team - his name is Steven Nash (w/ Arts and Letters Entertainment - check them out online!)

Right now Bree is finishing up her night at work, which she says has just been CRAZY busy and then she has to be back at work at 5am (but only has to work till noon) because of the heating guys needing to come in then or something like that... I don't know. I have her foot spa set-up and her PJ's waiting so she can roll right into bed!

Well, another big day down and another coming up. Tomorrow I have work, filming for WAGI, and more mailings and research - so it is going to a blasty!

Love ya and miss ya - best fishes to ya!

J.

1 comment:

Confusion Say said...

Ok...Jason I suck at spelling so I am not sure that I am right....but I would hate for you not to be considered because of somthing like a spelling error...

"I have reached a (plato) without "...did you mean plateau?

Just looking out for ya!
-Keri