Thursday, March 02, 2006

A few days of rain

So after a few days of rain here in old LA, we are back to warmish weather and work.

Been spending the past few days working my tail of in the gym (In two days I have hit it four times! Trying to bust out of the "not making any gains" rut!) Also had a few auditions the week. One for a horror movie, which was kinda of a waste of time, because I went in to read for the leading role, yet I only read 3 lines, one time and then they said "Thank you" and I left. So who knows. And then I had an audition for a bank commerical, which was a huge cattle call - last time I went on one of those I got the Simmons job, so here is to hoping.

This week I am also going to finally finish working on a film I have been in since the summer of last year! So that will be nice to get of my plate and not have to worry about anymore.

Other than that, just doing alot of working and trying to get something really going for my carrer, which has been hard. We are moving forward, which is good, but I don't like waiting (not only waiting tables, but also waiting for something to happen from the work that I am sending out into the world) and while I know there is only so much that I can do, I just think that if I could get that one right auditon - BOOM! I would be in and that would be that... but then I would have a whole new set of problems trying to compete with big stars who have been around forever and don't want their ride at the top to be over.

Mainly I just want to be working more as an actor and making money doing that than working as a bartender or anything else for that matter.

In time... it takes time...

So anyhow... So this weekend Bree is filming her scenes in "Flushing Guppies" and then we are going to see Brian in Macbeth down in Long Beach. I am also going to be buying the plane tickets for both of the weddings in a day or so - which is exciting =)

Till next time,
J.

1 comment:

Perfectly Paper said...

Hey Jas! Sorry things aren't full of new exciting opportunities out there for you guys right now. At least you're out there, doing it and no matter what happens you can always say been there done that. Can't wait to see you guys this summer!!!! How long will you be home for Paul's wedding?