Saturday, February 25, 2006

Live from JLA Headquaters

So it has been a little of a slow week - lots of working, haning out and hitting the gym.

Bree and I both had an audition for a Kia Commercial/ Live Event. and Bree also got a callback for a Milwaukee's Best Commercial (which I audition for and she didn't =P)

And the 22nd marked an important day for us - one year together in LA. I was a year ago that we pulled up with our truck loaded and filed all of our worldly good into our old, crappy dump of an apartment and started our quest to make our names known. We celebrated with Nick, having a little dinner at Sitton's - which is like The Little Chef back in McHenry, only open 24/7 and then Bree auditioned for the theatre company that I am apart of.

This past year had been a really good one and Bree and I have alot to be thankful for.

1st and most important is our family and friends that have supported us in this huge life change. Just a whole lot of love from us to you, we miss you all so much every day. There is plenty of sandy real estate here in LA... just as a thought.

Then there is how many wonderful things we have gotten to do and be apart of since coming here. Working on films, TV and getting to do theatre. Making new friends, and getting an agent. Working on The West Wing, or CSI (even if it was as non-speaking set dressing) to getting my 1st "real" acting job - which paid quite well for doing nothing. Having a great place to live that is quite and safe, as well having a great to work and make money while I am trying to make my dreams come true. As far as acting goes I feel like we have had a great first year! A few paying commercials, an agent, a bunch of fun (non-paying) acting work in short films and theatre and that is just the beginning! This year, I can already tell, is going to be much better!

And then I am thankful for something else - Bree. To have someone in my life that is as wonderful as she is, as supportive, light hearted and strong, makes my life so great. Relationships can be hard sometimes, and moving thousands of miles, leaving behind friends, family and the world you know to chase after a dream with someone like me... man, if that isn't a reason for sainthood I don't know what is. And things haven't always been easy once we were here either, be it money problems or the fact that we lived in the getto before moving to NoHo, she was and is always strong, always a rock and I love her so much for that. Her love and her support mean the world to me, and just wanted to let the world know how thankful I am for her and her love.

So alot to be thankful for - I am a very lucky, if not the world's luckiest, person to have so much good fortune! =)

On a side note - Today was a bit of a long day, or not so long, as we had Nikki and Cleo over last night and I got really drunk. Spent most of the morning asleep (slept till 1pm) and recovering the 2nd half of today - playing video games (Madden RULES!) and cleaning the house while Bree was gone. and now I am updating. =)

Much Love to you all!

J.

PS - Dad and Paul, I will call you tomorrow =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GCCw/PF...