Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Part Three...


So these last two entries I wrote over the past week and just now updated the blog - I forgot that I was using my palm to update while waiting for the train and then thought about them this morning - so they are from last week leading into this week.

Lauren came and went - had a blast, saw LA and loved it. She's moving here in a month or so - and if the cold starts to bother anyone back east... there is plenty of apartments and jobs out in LA =)

Nick's date went great, and he has a new girlfriend - yes, yes, Nick has a girlfriend - check her out at megandavenport.com - keep in mind she has short black hair, not blond anymore - and for the record, I met her, she is totally into Nick and they are together, so I don't want anyone thinking Nick made her up (I even saw them making out, he was drunk and she wasn't! So what does THAT tell ya!) She is into the total full nerd life - loves comics, recognized my Green Lantern Shirt and loved it, quotes "The Fifth Element" with Nick and model's for a fantasy art painter!? Congrats to Nick - good things come to those who wait...

The past four days I too have been sick as a dog - haven't wanted to go to work, the gym or even get off the couch...



Civilization opens next week (the play that Bree and I have been working on for 3KO Broadway Theatre Co.) Rehearsals have been going great, I hung and focused lights last week (never thought I would still be doing that 12 years after Midsummer) and have been working on sound for the show (Neil would be proud!)

Bree had two more auditions this week - one for WD-40 and one for Nintendo Wii!

Got my new headshots back yesterday - I post'd one of them with this blog posting, and the rest will be up soon for people to take a look at. Let me know what you think!?

Scott, hope your feeling better soon brother! TMK - East vs. West again buddy - it never ends! Everyone else, I love and miss ya guys, talk to you again real soon.

4 comments:

Perfectly Paper said...

Hey J! Wow, lots of blogging to read for us today! I'm glad to see you posting. I too wonder the "what if" life a lot. There are a lot of things in my life as well that would be completely different if one little thing changed. My biggest being you. If you and I never hung out, then Scott and I would have never met...although I did know Nick so I may have met Scott through Nick instead...but anyways, there are a lot of things in life that could have been different. You don't necessarily regret things but changes could have made other aspects different. But then you wouldn't have as many life lessons.

I too am currently trying to look at my life on a more positive note and see the good, try to figure out what I want out of life and appreciate what I do have. So, kudos to you. I envy you a lot for the fact that you lept with both feet into the deep end of the pool not knowing if you would drown. You are out there, and even if you aren't getting exactly what you want, you're living the dream that many don't.

Other than that, I LOVE this pic of you! I have to say though, in the year and a half that you've been out there, I swear I've heard you talk about getting about 5 different sets of headshots. How often do you need them really?!

Jason Ryan Lovett said...

Kel:
Well, I have talked alot about getting new ones done, but then I don't have the money, or the person turns out to be someone I don't want to shoot with.

Anyhow, you "should" get new ones every year - even less time when you are younger (18-24) but most actors get them and then keep the same ones for like 5 years or more - and as actors get older they think they still look like they did when they were 25 and still use that picture... and then they wonder why no one will hire them...

But I am glad that you like it - I think they are going be super cool - head over to my myspace and check out the Superman one that I got - I just love that one...

And yeah, I think the postive spin on the world is going to help me in the day to day life. I just got a wonderful little email from David Oswald tonight, which put a nice little smile on my face. Things are looking good.

Oh, by the way, have you guys seen Studio 60? Holy crap is that an amazing show - they are rerunning it on Bravo incase you missed it - I saw it tonight and it is WONDERFUL! I just loved it! Check it out!

Scott:
Ok, they haven't asked me convert to "beta" yet, so I guess I will wait with that, I am going to set up a blog for Document next week and start post on that... so I will start a beta blog for that one.

As for the product... I have given it some thought - Dr. Pepper, Buger King, Toyota Yaris, Scion, Mike's Hard Lemonaid, Converse All-Star, Reebok Pumps - They all scream out fun but cool, off center and a tad strange but they are all so likeable and I think that is what sells about me. I am not the hunk, but I am not the wierd guy either or the character actor - I am that guy you want to hang out with but I still get the girl in real life. I'm cool, but not "Hollywood Hotspot" cool, just real life kinda cool and real life funny... I guess, if that makes any sense. But while I was working on it, and looking at products, those seems to be the kind of things that stood out to me as being most like me... They are off-center and that is what people seem to love about them - The Scion can be whatever the owener wants it to be, as boring or as original. And as far as soda's nothing is more original and left of center than Dr. Pepper. Made up of 23 flavors, not the norm like a Coke or a Pepsi... it is the truely different choice. So I think that is more the route my brain was headed... does that help at all? I hope so... Did you get a chance to check out Megan's website (you know, Nick's new lady) I love the flash work on it - is that something we can do to mine?

I hope you are feeling better buddy!

J.

Anonymous said...

Cool, looks like you have put some thought into the way you want to market yourself. Any ideas on how you'd like that to translate to the design of your website? Layout, color scheme, style of animation, etc? (or do you mean those are not just the ad campaigns but also the websites that you like?) Remember, the deal is that I'll build the site for you, but I already have a site to design.. three if you count the sites I want to put together for Kelly and myself. So do the thinkin' for me and I'll do the grunt work. : )

I did check out Megan's website. There's what I mean when I say that design is the bulk of the work. Very clean, elegant, simple design. Piece of cake to build once you've put the hard work into designing it. Yes, I can totally build you a flash site like that. Same principal that I used to build our final wedding site.

I am finally feeling better, thanks.. well, over being sick anyway. Still bummed about the daily grind. But I'm gonna keep on truckin'. ; )

S

Jason Ryan Lovett said...

Layouts - I really love the clean way that Neil has his website set up, as well as Thomas Jane's for layout (and Megan for that matter) I really dig the clean way the Scion site is set up, with the drop down menu's and Megan has the moveable sliding photos, which I love -
I am a huge fan of Jane's webstie - the with cut out photos and the way the site is animated... I really dig that. I guess I want it look clean and easy but use colors and fun animation to

I'm looking for a main page with current news, bio page, photos (One of headshots and one of production photos), resume, a reel page with Voice Over Demos (when I have then edited together - which should be soon), a contact page with my agent info, manager info, and a links page with my email address and myspace link, IMDB and other cool links.

Colors - Blue, Green, Black, White and Gray - Alot of the photos that I have use those colors, plus I think they symbolize the character traits that make me up - ranging from goofy to cool.

Style of animation - I am not sure what my options are on this, since I have no idea what it is like to do flash animation? I like Megan's, real simple and I could be happy with that - is there a style of animation that has more "character" ...okay... I just figured it out... Danecook.com - Simple animanition, but with a hint of character - plus I love the basic layout - check it out and let me know what you think...

Thanks again brotha - and I am glad to hear you are feeling better - now we just gotta get you out of that job! =)

J.