Saturday, September 23, 2006

So rehearsal last night was long but tons of fun.

I got to the theare around 6:30pm & left at 3am this morning - we ran thru the show once, did some resets of the lights & sound, hung our super cool backdrop & then did a cue to cue.

After rehearsal I got to come home & do more sound editing work, which took about a half an hour... Not to bad considering I had to do work on three sound files.

So you might have noticed my myspace has gone back to being very plain - I am doing some work on it & it should be updated with some new blog info & pics & stuff... I am trying to make it into more of a biz tool like my website that Scott is going to help me redesign. He is going to do some flash work on it - Scott, did you see the comment I posted about my thoughts on layout, colors & animation style? I am going to send you an email about it on monday with some more ideas for it. (Since I am working all weekend & in tech, I'm not sure if I will have time to write before Monday... Depends on how slow work is) As cool as the superman theme is - & I do love the man of steel, I felt the need to update it - so in the meantime it is going to stay kinda plain - look for an update & some new pics early next week.

Well, I just got my 2nd table of the day & should do something at work besides blog :)

Later kids!
J.


Part Two: So work went well and while the CD is burning (the V2 of the soundtrack I fixed last night) I thought I would post today's blog - So off to rehearsal tonight, going to be another long one!

Thanks to everyone that has put in their two cents about the photos - for those that haven't, it is not to late - get your votes in! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J-

I did see your thoughts about your website. I checked out Thomas Jane's and Megan's sites again and checked out Dane Cook's too. Gonna browse through Dr Pepper, BK, Yaris, Scion, etc for more ideas later.

I'm going to wait for your email to hear the rest of your ideas before I put anything together. Send me any pics you definitely want to use (or point them out if they're already on your current site). Same thing for any text you know you want to use.

I am thinking of a layout that has tabs on top like Dane's rather than one with a vertical menu (like Bree's, Megan's, Thomas Jane's, a LOT of other performers'). Altho I think you're right when you say simple-- you don't need something as busy as Dane's. Should be clean like Megan's and Bree's.

Anyway, waiting on your email. For MySpace... have you considered creating a second account? Keep one for "business" and one for "play?"