Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So the days keep on cook'n by - we keep working...

& doing our thing...

LA has been treating us good - work has been good @ The Grill, making some money, which means I will be getting back into the black & out of the red again, makes me happy & a little more relaxed... No auditions this past week, which is starting to bother me though, since this is really not a slow time & I know I should be going out @ least once a week if not tons more than that.

Steve (our manager/friend) went over to The Office again & will be heading to Tim Allen's Production Co. soon to see if they can do anything for us. He has been working so hard for us & I am so thankful that we have someone in our lives who is as wonderful & selfless as he is - it is amazing and I feel like I totally don't deserve him as a friend - but I am infinately greatful to have him...

Other than that, our buddy Lauren is in town this week, staying with us checking out LA - she leaves on Sunday. Bree & I are working & in rehearsal all week & tonight Nick has/had a date - wonder how that went? :) (got a text saying he was in love - a good sign I must say)

Miss'n the fall, though it is beautiful here right now - got to talk to my East Coast Crew today & I wish TMK & D a happy 2 years of wed'd bliss on Monday - cannot believe the time went by so fast.

Miss the rest of the crew too... anyone want to do coffee? :)

Love ya guys!

J.

Part 2: So I just started using my palm to write/update my blog - cannot believe I never thought of this one before now?!

Anyhow, I just got off work - missed my train by literally 6-seconds - I touched the closing door, but it would not re-open & now I wait the 20 mins till my next train comes... Ugh...

What a night - I had a few 'forgien' tables - one Swiss, another from Japan... that left less than 5 percent tonight... Now, explain to me, how they can read the menu but cannot read the part of the check that reminds them to leave 15 - 20 percent for service? I just don't get it - there is nothing worse than working your ass off for them & have them tell you how great it was & then leave you next to nothing! Now don't get me wrong, I still make good money, but I could be making tons better if they would @ least tip 15 percent!? I mean, $10 on $250 - can they just not do the math!?

ahh... I feel much better now :) Still waiting for the train... Lots of people in Hollywood tonight, coming to the clubs & bars, waiting in line to be 'one of the cool people'... I never got that... I mean, if I am waiting in a moving line cause you are taking money for a cover charge or checking ID's, fine - but to wait outside for an hour, to then be charged $20 per person before I even walk into your over-priced fire trap with shitty music & even shittier people!? No thanks man... It blows my mind & it was not only here - Chicago, with Alumni Club & others, was just as bad...

Still waiting... No train, but there are cops walking around, so I haven't been asked for change yet - which is nice :)

Bree had rehearsal tonight & I never heard from Nick again, so I think that is a good sign as for how his date was going...

10 more mins & the train should be here... & I am out of things to write about... :)

Good night

J.

1 comment:

DancingFish said...

You're alive! Heading up North anytime soon for the holidays?