So I have been working the new job for a few weeks now - nothing super great has changed on that path. I thought that I would be making more money, and I would if we were busy. Last night I had at the very busiest time, 2 tables at the same time! WOW! =) And that only lasted for 15 mins... not good, but I hear from people who have been here a few years Sept is a slow month and as it goes on it will get busier and busier - which is good, cause I could use that money. I am still hurting from all the travel and weddings of the summer - worth every penny, just haven't been making it back... well...
Onto the really good news - As most of you know by now, Bree got here 3 SAG vouchers and is now able to go union. In about a month, when she gets a check for this Overstock.com commercial she filmed in Portland the week before last, she is signing up and will be the first of us to go 100% pro! I am very proud of her, and if you haven't told her yet, send some congrats! And that isn't all! She also booked a new TV show that is going to be on Direct TV called "Fung Shui Living", which she will be the host of - Bree has her own TV SHOW! 26 episodes! Cool huh?
Other than that, we are both working on a new play called "Civilation" which goes up at the end of the month. We also both recorded spots for the "A Foot and Ankle Center" in Chicago, so listen for those to start on the radio on Monday. I went and got new headshots this past week and should have them up online in a few days (when I get them back, they will be up) and then everyone can check them out! I think they look super great and I have needed something to give me the edge for a while now! I've been auditioning here and there, but I haven't booked anything since the Spirit Mountain Casino gig that sent me to Portland - and speaking of that, my paycheck in coming in next week! Which, going back to the needing to get back on top of the money thing, is going to help out alot! =)
Been spending my free time work-out, playing "Saints Row" (which I beat already), watching movies and tons of Law & Order: SVU as well as WWE Raw (Love the HHH!). I even have Bree working out with me now, which is good - gives us more time to spend together, which I can never seem to get enough of these days (I know what it means TMK to be passing ships... sometimes it seems like we don't even pass so much as just dock at the same port) I am back working out 7 days a week and since the last time I got on a scale I have lost 30 lbs... last time I was on one, I was 210 and now I am 180... I am trying to drop a few more fat pounds but wouldn't mind putting some back on in musle, so 185/190 seems to be the goal weight, if I had one. But it is nice, to work hard and see something happening for me. It seems to be the one thing in my life that I can totally control and it feels good to make good things happen with it! =)
Well, not much else to talk about today - love and miss the Midwest crew and our East Coasters - talk to you soon
J.
PS - The Superman short RULES!
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
GREAT news! Our congrats to Bree AND you for working hard and starting to reap the bennies!! Didn't know she was that close to SAG....SUPER cool!!
Take care and we'll be chit-chatting soon!
~TMK
Wow, congrats my friend.
Yeah, the K and I do the same passing ships dance-- I usually either have a performance or teaching every night from right about the time that she'd be getting home from work. It sucks and you wonder how long you can do it, but then it really forces you to make the most of your time together-- keeps things from ever getting old....
Wow that's so great you guys!! We miss you bunchies and bunches!!
Post a Comment