Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Return to OZ

Let me tell you, being away from LA for a week feels like a year - and the place is so much like OZ where nothing is as it seems as any given moment of the day. Traffic, people, the air I breath... very strange - such a fun place and a nightmare all at the same time!

Anyhow - so I am back in LA now, went to work yesterday for the 1st time in what seems like forever. It was slow, but fun and so it was nice to get back into the swing of things. This weekend, Bree and I went with our buddy Steve to meet with one of his friends to edit a rough version of Bree's reel. Since she had a wonderful meeting with a high powered agent, who's name I can never remember, he wanted to see her reel, which was not done, but now in a day or so it will be! Cool for that one!

And today Bree got a call that she made it past the first round of casting for some FX sketch comedy show like Mad TV or something and they wanted to see some tape of her being funny! Well, she doesn't really have any of that either and so we went (Bree, Steve, Nick and Myself) to our little theatre here in NoHo and shot about an holur worth of footage that I have been cutting together for her. Right now, I am loading it into my external hardrive so I can burn it off Nick's laptop - something tells me if I had Frank I wouldn't have to be trasfer'n stuff back and forth, but I digress =P

So while that is working, I thought I would give a little update. Work, audition, and this DVD are all I have really been up to the past few days - that and working on some pages (you know they are comin big man!) It would be nice if I didn't have to work today, I could sleep off not having slept at all yet... but hell - this is the only way to live! =)

Cannot wait to come home for the Scott and Kel show -and boys, you will be getting an email about our pre-party later today (Tuesday night) - I just need to finish up a few things with it before I send out the word on what is going down.

Till the train comes in!
J.

2 comments:

Skahfee said...

I'm surprised that it's been two weeks since you came home and what I see here IS the same DOCUMENT that I read before the wedding. I guess you haven't FINISHED a new blog entry YET?

Perfectly Paper said...

Hmmm Scott has a point. We were expecting a great READ when we got back from Jamaica. Nothing interesting to READ here.