Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Portland: Day One


Yesterday: So, last night, Mr. and Mrs. LeVan came down from Vegas and hung out with Bree and I. We took the new bride and groom to Hollywood and Higland, where they were having the World Premiere Screening of Nacho Libre (which we did go to... because, you know, we weren't invited or anything like that.) Showed them around a little bit, got to see the Walk of Fame, Sunset, Rodeo Drive and the like. We then headed back to our place where we played Halo 2 on my wonderful toy, the Xbox 360, till all hours of the night. In the morning, they headed back to Vegas as Nick dropped me off at Burbank Airport so I could head out to Portland... or more like Grand Ronde, OR... which is about 2 hours south of Portland. (And No - I don't look like this again - I just thought that it was fitting - since I am in the Great White North!)



Today: So this morning, I awoke to the kisses of my loved one, Bree (tho, Jabez did wake me up by licking my hand in the middle of the night!) and got to have breakfast with Paul and Keri before they headed back to Vegas. So Bree headed off to work, Nick and I took The LeVan's to the NoHo dinner. Afterward, Nick dropped me off at the Burbank Airport - which I forgot that I didn't need to get there as early as I had, since I got into the terminal in 0.005 seconds and then ended up waiting around for over an hour and a half before I could board.

So I sat reading my email... and who sliped me an unknown note, but the love of my life! I just about cried in the middle of the airport... 2 hours I have been away from her and my heart is missing her so much. I am so glad that I can fill her as full of pride as she fills me, and I am going to do a kick ass job here just to make her even more proud! I'm here to do great work, and it is wonderful that she and I can have these great adventures as a team - even though sometimes we are apart, but always we are a team - I love you sweetie and I miss you! Thank you SO much! GCC W/ PF!

So... The plane was cool - very small - no First Class... I sat all the way up in the front, with a guy who was going to visit some friends in OR. We talked for a little bit about this and that and then I went into reading. I had brought two scripts with me - Civilization, which is the really cool play about the last man on Earth trapped on an island full of women that don't really like him (but they come to love him over time... kinda) and Bathroom Tales, which is a short film a buddy of mine from the theatre company wrote and wants me to act it. The part he wants me to play lets me kick the crap out of some guy, which seems cool enough, so it was a fun read for the second time around. Other than that, I listened to the iPod and drifted in and out of thought... wrote some notes for Document - which is what I think I am going to use this trip for - I brought a notebook to begin the reworking in, and I should have some good stuff by the time I get home.

We landed in Portland, and I found myself waiting with the other cast members. David (Hero Husband) who is a very funny guy (also rep'd by RPM I found out!) - he has been doing theatre for the last 15 years and is just now getting back into the film and commercial side of things. Kimberly (Hero Wife) who is from New York - she moved here two years ago with her husband, and she brought her 15 month old son here to OR with her. Shannon (Waitress) who just got married in Oct. of 2005 and is stoked to working on a commercial - she told me about how she dyed her hair red back in November and hasn't worked since - last month she dyed her hair back blond and now gets 5-7 auditions a week! Strange!? And then there is Anzu (Dealer) - who is a singer from LA, she has a band, was on TV a bunch (King of Queens) and has sung with Hans Zimmer. So they are the cast, the crew, those that I have a met are cool, and Geoff, the director, is a blast, so I am looking forward to working with him!



After we got picked up, it was 2 hour trek south to the Casino, which is out in the middle of no-where! =) It is 35 minutes to the nearest town from here, which is kind odd to me. And this place, they really want you to hit the casino - no pool, no gym, just rooms and casino! It is hardcore on the gambling (which I will be doing NONE of! I don't make enough to blow it all, you know...)



So I am here, I grabed a bite to eat and unpacked. We don't start filming until tomorrow night, so I think I am going to watch some TV and surf the net some more... I forgot my phone charger, which sucks balls =( so I am having on shipped to me, don't want to run out of gas on that bad boy! So until tomorrow, I guess =P

Best Fishes!
J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one sweet, hairy S.O.B.

No baby yet. He's clinging for dear womb.

M-