So this morning I had my calltime of 4 am - when in and got dressed, hung out on the set till 5 am. Around 5:30 I got to stand-in for myself while we set lights and then we waited... till the sun came up. Around 6am we began shooting - it was cool. They had a playback of the music track that I recorded in LA and they would play it while I opened the car door and I would lip sync like it was a music video or something like that. (I play a singing Valet in this spot, just to catch everyone up to date on this)
They had four set-ups, which we blasted through at a pase that would make even Michael happy - and we wrapped at 7:30 - so 4 set-ups, a dozen or more takes of each one, 1 and 1/2 hours - hard working guys and gals here - and they had been going strong since 8pm last night.
It was a fun little bit of work - my main part of the shoot is going to be tonight - since it is a musical commercial, we have a "Drew Carry/Strangers with Candy" type dance number ending to the spot - it starts off with the Hero Husband and Wife dancing because of the fun and winnings - then the rest of us bust into the dance and then a confetti and balloon drop. (Sounds a bit like the Cost-U-Less spot I did this time last year! =P) So that should be fun, and Geoff (dir) said that they dance captain of the Portland Trailblazers is going to be doing the dance stuff, so that should be alot of fun.
So after I wrapped last night, I headed back to the room around 8am (after getting out of costume and signing out and all of that fun stuff) and hit the sack - slept until about 1 this afternoon. Then it was lunch, a bit of light reading (my Mike Leigh book, that I am finally getting to go through) and then a bit more TV - I don't know why I am watching so much TV... maybe because I want to stay away from the Casino and there really isn't anything else to do here - and everytime I am in my room, I cannot help but turn it on... I have been watching a ton of Law and Order (which I know Bree would love!) and very little cartoons... which is odd for me...
Anywho... I am heading to dinner now, and then I have to get a shower and such before my calltime tonight, which is at 9 pm. After the shoot tonight, we are checking out - taking the two hour drive back to Portland and heading to the airport and then home to LA and my baby!
Till next time,
J.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment