Monday 22nd:
I had my first class at the David Kagen School of Film Acting. =) And it was wonderful, I cannot wait to go back again. We worked on scenes for about 3 hours, and there was only four of us in the class and two teachers for that session, which was just wonderful! I had just the best time. I worked with Elie (who was my scene partner) and worked the camera's for the other team. They gave me some great pointer on how to bring the soul of myself to the surface more when I am working and thought that it was a great thing that I just run with an idea and make such solid choices. So I can tell that this is going to be a great learning tool - I felt myself getting to places that were very deep and very hard to get in and out of, which seems like a great new adventure in my acting.
Tuesday 23rd:
We had our last pick-up rehearsal, which was mainly a tech run-through for Brewster, the writer, who was going to be running tech on Thursday night since Steven had 'According to Jim' taping that night. It went kinda crappy, on multi-levels. One, we didn't do more than a sloppy Q-2-Q for Brewster, who didn't really have a good feel of what he was doing with the tech, then we found out that someone close to Steven had passed away, and he is just the sweetest man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. So it makes me really sad to have something bad happen to him like that. And then we had "The Talk" with Brewster about moving the show to Hollywood... and he basically told us no without ever saying no... after a string of "I am trying to get some named actors in it" and "well, if that falls through... something is better than nothing" (meaning our show) I, like most of us, was pissed and hurt... feeling kinda sold out from having put my heart in the production... but I know that everything will work out in the end.
Wens 24th:
I worked and then went home to hang out with Bree and Nick... nice night...
Thursday 25th:
After work I had an audition out in Hollywood, off Sunset at a small theatre for a short film called "To Live and Try in LA" which is all about actors and people trying to make it in their craft. I got to audition for this brain-less director... which was really fun. These guys I went in for were both really nice and the reading went rather well.
Then I headed off to the theatre for the final thursday night of Doubting Thomason. Brew ran the lights and sound, and though I am sure that only 3 of the 25+ cues was right, the show went rather well. I like that the four people that came out to see it, didn't even know the difference - well, all of them but Matt who came out to the show again, which was very cool. Nikki also came as well as Brennen's 'rents (who came again on Friday)
Steven could not be with us that night as he was taping "According to Jim" and that night he was given Employee of the Week on the show! Congrats Steven!
Friday 26th:
Final Friday of Doubting Thomason... Steven was there working the board, the house was packed and we rocked them from here to Hollywood and back! Reggie and Michael from work came, as well as many others, and it was a wonderful time had by all.
Saturday 27th:
Bree and I have to whole day off, and so the first thing that we do... is sleep in till 10:30am =) Hey, when you don't get to do it that often, you take it when you can and it was wonderful!
After that we went out and saw "The Brother's Grimm" which was a rather fun movie and worked on a closing night gift for Steven. We gave him a signed picture frame, with a photo of the five cast members and him together, with the review and a whole host of other little treats framed up together. And Steven, in a style that is only him, gave each of us a closing gift. As if the mugs that he had custom made for us were not enough, he put together a little gift bag with a play that he would love to do with us (The Norman Conquests and Steambath) and a wonderful little video treat that we haven't gotten to see yet. We tricked him into the gift during the curtian call of the night, when we called his mother up to the stage to give her a coffee mug for all of her love and support of the show... then we gave Steve his gift and all had a wonderful little cry (some not so little)
And thus closed Doubting Thomason... mine and Bree's first LA theatre experience, and what a learning and magical one it really was. It was quite the moving night that we had and I am so glad to have gotten to be apart of that show and those moments. I am sorry for all of those that didn't get to see it for one reason or another... it was a moment in my life that will stay with me for some time.
Sunday 28th:
Today I filmed "What a Great Idea" and my character went under a huge change since one of the very needed actors never showed up and it has now changed my impact on the whole shoot... I will not leak any details ( and for some of you, you are wondering what the hell "WAGI" is... it is a short film, now becoming full lenght, that I have been working on out here for about two months now... very interesting how we are going about putting the whole thing together... it should be wonderful, or a total mess, but at least it is fun!)
And following filming (and the proper misplacement of my wonderful black bag - thank baby for going back to the creepy theatre for it) I had to work one of the slowest nights I have done at DG yet... and then I came home to chili and Inside the Actor's Studio... until this moment... so that is the week in review...

To the Cast of Doubting Thomason:
~ We are such stuff as dreams are made on ~
-J.

No comments:
Post a Comment