So I didn't have a short day... but now I am back to fill you in on what has been up here in the wonderful world of Pre-Sundance.
Jan 13th - Jan 17th: Moved into my condo, which is a sweet little place. I have seven roomies, but only two do I hang out with on a regular basis or anything like that. Their names are Mike Hoke and Chris Greene. Mike is from the DC area and Chris is from Seatle, Washington. Mike works of Fox News our of DC and Chris has been looking for some kind of marketing job or something. Both love film and Mike wants to get into filmmaking, either behind the camera or even a little infront of the camera. And chris has done all kinds of PR for tons of films that have come through his neck of the woods. They are both really cool guys and a blast to hang out and work with. Both of them work with me in HQ of Sundance and we have been setting the fest up for days... We have been unloading trucks, getting the ballrooms set-up, unloading more trucks, hanging signs up all over the hotel... going out for a bite to eat every once in a while and for the most part just hanging around our condo. We are working for Al and Tina, who are both super nice and we have one other member to our HQ team ~ Anegret Eckl, who is from Germany. I found out while talking to her today that she has worked at a bunch of other film festivals (the Toronto Film Fest and the Munic Film fest)
No one but the locals are really here yet, but they are going to begin to arrive tonight and tomorrow afternoon - so things are going to get crazy in a huge hurry! I have a ton of movies that I am looking forward to checking out and I cannot wait for the fest to get going. Thank you guys for all of the nice email and wonderful comments - I miss you guys alot. I am trying to get some good footage of the fest, but has been hard, we have been really busy working most of the time. Right now I am waiting for two trucks to come in before we go home for an hour and then to training... though I have no idea what kinda training we are going to have or go through... wither way it should be fun and I cannot wait - the Fest needs to get started now! It will be good... and I have been sick for the first few days, I think trying to get use to being here was hard on my body, but now I am fine and ready to go out and have a good time.
Hey neil - "Stranger with Candy" is playing here and I am going to try and see it! I thought you would think that was cool!
Well, the trucks should be here soon and I will come back and update some more in a day or so when something new and cool has happened - only 3 days and fest is under way!
Much love ~
J.
Monday, January 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, I just read SWC was premiering at Sundance. So jealous. I'm sure it'll be hilarious!! If you can find out when they might release it in theaters (select cities or nationwide), lemme know!
Mr. Neil
"For where thou art, there is the world itself, and where thou art not, desolation"
Henry VI, Act iii, Sc.2
"When you depart from me sorrow abides, and happiness takes his leave"
M&Ks...LUMTAITW
Post a Comment