Friday, January 14, 2005

After Weathertop: Part One

So I have been in Park City, UT for one full day and what a crazy day it has been thus far. This trip has been something else, let me tell you. I am having a great time but the drive was quite the adventure. If there has ever been that burning in your heart to see what Wyoming has to offer as far as fun, or wondered just how great a trip across the great open plains of the Midwest… well, let me tell you something. I could die a happy man now that I have been there and done it… Oh, I’m sorry, you cannot really see my hand raised when I am writing, can you? Well, let me just say, fly, you aren’t missing anything… no really, there is NOTHING there… hills and emptiness as far as your eye can see! Anyhow, onto the rundown…

Jan 12th: This was the day that I left for my trip. My plan was to get up at be on the road @ 7am… which I am glad that I did not do – 1.) because that is just really early in the morning to start a 20+ hour drive 2.) I wanted to sleep-in with Bree as much as I could and 3.) did I mention that is super early!? Either way, I didn’t get on the road till almost 8:30… Bree and I slept in a little, which was nice. We had a few of our close friends over for my last night. First, we went to my parents house and had dinner and then we went back to our place to have a couple of drinks and say goodbye. The goodbye with my mom and dad was super hard, and one of the most painful things that I have ever really done in my life. I have never been so far away from them that I couldn’t come home when ever I wanted, and for the first time in my life I felt like I was really leaving them, and that hurt – a lot. I love you guys so much and I miss you. But at the same time I know that you want me to be going out and following my dreams, which I am doing. I will never forget where my home is and I cannot wait until the day that you guys can come out to see LA and we can go around and have a good time!

Later that night, saying goodbye to Scott, Kelly and Nick was very hard.. I had no words for it then and have none now. I love you guys… and I miss you more than I can put into words. As you know, me and “no words” do not go hand in hand… so needless to say, it too was very difficult for me as well. Saying goodbye to Corey and Beth was not easy either… nor was saying goodbye to Jenn and Steve. They have newly become my friends and you guys are the world to me…

Yet nothing to get me ready for saying goodbye, for a time, to Bree. I have never loved someone like her at all and saying goodbye to her just broke my heart. I love you and miss you more than anything… you are everything to me sweetheart, you make me smile and shine inside and there is a large part of me that is just not the same without you, it just cannot get lit without you near me. I cannot wait until you are in my arms again, love. For what is Frodo without his Sam? He is nothing but lost… GCC W/PF.

So I left in the morning and began my trip… I got onto Interstate 80 and drove for what seemed like DAYS! And it was only one day…well @ first. I got to talk to a few people on the phone – Paul, my mom and dad, Bree, and Wollner… and Mr. Neil (I am sorry that I forgot to mention you buddy!) =) He (Wollner) had some great new news to share with me, and I don’t know if it is public or not yet, but needless to say wonderful for he and his wife! Congrats again guys! I also txt with tons of people – Steve, Kelly, Scott, Nick, Katie and Bree – thank you for making the drive do-able! I got as far as Sydney, Nebraska and I had to stop for the night – I was going to sleep in my car, but Samwise convinced me to go into the hotel that I was park’d in front of – which was a good choice. I slept well that night and awoke to start anew the next day – to take on Wyoming!

Jan 13th: The trip through “White Hell”

Wyoming at this time of the year, well I can only think of one word – sucks. While it looks really beautiful if you are standing still, the rolling hills, the snow covered mountains… but driving through it was so crappy. The snow was blowing with wind speeds of 20 miles and hour and higher and with that you couldn’t see 10 inches in front of your face and driving was a nightmare! Plus I was going through the mountains and that meant that I was getting crappy gas mileage and I couldn’t go faster then 60 at any time, even if I wanted to… But after many long hours, I got into Park City and moved into my place.

And the place that I am staying in is a wonderful condo – there are 7 guys here (me included) in that, and they are from all over the country….

It is getting late though, and tomorrow I might have a short day, so I will fill you in on today and tomorrow… So tune in tomorrow! Good night from Park City ~ Much Love!


J.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too love...stay safe and keep working hard. I am endlessly proud of you and your courage! (Can you try to get Adrian Brody's autograph for me?) :)

Love you and miss you TONS! :) Sam

Neil said...

Ummm... didn't WE talk on January 12th, TOO?? HMM?? :)Glad to hear you got there safely...

Mr. Neil