Well, this blog entry is something I thought of adding into the one I just typed up, my weekly update, but then I thought about it some more and I would like to do it as different entry and you will see why in a moment.
Scott made me this wonderful video, full of my friends talking to me about the great stories of us, the wonderful memories that they have had and some words to live by, for me to remember that they love me and are there for me. While I don't have the time, nor the Hollywood backing or a film crew, to make one of these for each of you that have meant so much to me, I thought that I would drop a little special something to each of you that have done such great things for me over the years. Now seeing as how I have a limited time frame in which to write today, this post (Not a new one) is going to be edited with new additions all the time, so if you don't see your name in the first group, it is not because I don't love you and care about you, it is that my fingers are bleeding from all of the typing and check back soon, as you will all be in here, because I have not forgetton one of you! Thanks and enjoy...
Mom and Dad: What does a son say to such as you are. I am so proud to be your son, so happy that you and I got to share our lives together. You have supported every little desire of mine, no matter how little or odd, and you let me go and find who I am on my own. I know that you were always there for me, in the background waiting, as I got older. Ready to help at the moment of need - and you always were. Your love and strenght has been a rock in my life and has made my dreams become all that they could. You made great sacrifices for me, ones that other would not have made in yours place and for that I thank you. I have loved every moment of my life thus far, a gift from you and from God that I can never be thankful enough for. Dad, your pun'kin story has inspired me in so many dark times, and Mom, your 1st day of school story has brought me so much joy and insight into my life. Do you remember wanting me to take debate... and how I went to hang lights that day that you dropped me off at East instead of going to the Debate club meeting? Who would have thought that one moment like that would have changed everything for me...Thank you both. I will love and miss you, but I will not say good-bye, because I am never far from home... just a phone call, a plane ride... a loving though.
Colleen, Greg, Jaeden, and Baby Maygen: You guys have brought such wonderful joy into my life. Jaeden and Maygen, when you are old enough to look back on this... if the website is even still here anymore, I hope you see how much I love you. You two are blessing to this family, the godsend that no one truely deserves, but lord are we thankful for you. I love you both and I hope that you know you have so many people that will be here for you and care for you as much as your Mom and Dad do. Greg, take care of Colleen. Love her for all that she is, on inspite of who she is. She is truely one of the most special people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my life. You are a great guy and have the heart to be the man who can make her dreams a reality. Sometimes life is hard, and I know I have made some big mistakes (not saying that you have) and so I know what I am saying, the love of another is a special thing, a gift beyond all others ~ treasure that. And Colleen - you are my only sister and one of the great loves in my life. You and I have been through so much, so many adventures and now is the time that we must venture off alone, in search of new worlds to explore, new stuff'd animals to throw... and new dreams to reach for. Take care of yourself and your family and know that my loves goes with you every hour and every day.
Bree: My love... what can I say, that I have not said a million times. You are my number one, my best friend. I never thought that I would have found someone who understood me like I have found in you. Someone who loved every fault and greatness in me - love me for me, not inspite of anything about me. There is no saying goodbye to you, as you are not really going away, nor am I going to be away from you for a great time. This would kill me. It is like the story you told me about your mom - being away from you, even now as I type this, my heart bleeds and draws strain'd breath for you to be near me again. All the wonderful things that you have done for me, all the wonders that you let me do for you... all the magic that we have and how much you make me glow inside. My heart sings of you where ever I go - I have a dozen pictures of you and talk about how wonderful you are and the great and small adventures that we have gotten to go on together and tell the great tales of all the ones that we have yet to go on. I dream every night of our home on the sea, playing in the sand with Jabez, and all of the films, the plays, the events and moments of quite that you and I will have. You know me so well, so much better than most other who have known me for years that it feels like you and I been together for god only knows how long. I go through memories of my life and it seems as if you were always with me, even long before I ever knew you. One of my favorite memories still of you is seeing you for the first time in months as you walk'd, in my mind it was slow-mo, into the Alumni Club in your little black dress and you looked like a goddess. I stood there, with my huge Macbeth fuzzy face, and wondered how you could look so amazing as a pirate and as this beautiful creation - and they were both the same person! Everyday I love you more and more, and you fasinate me with every little thing you do, every new part of you I see or learn about. You are a treasure from God, a gift that I sometimes feel was sent to me by mistake, but I feel like I don't deserve someone as wonderful as you in my life. But then I think about what Nick said - "That is just why you deserve her, because you don't think you do" and my brain hurts... =D There is no good-bye for us, because you are coming swift behind... we are about to set out on an adventure like no other. After making our first stop in the town of Bree... who knows where the paths will lead us Samwise the Brave, but we must be strong, stick together and we shall see this adventure through... no matter where it takes us... GCC W/PF... come what may pun'kin.... come what may...
Nick: Well, for the sake of my nuts, I hope that you don't have the chance to read this before I leave, or this might make you cry and then you would give me a swift kick and that would just plain suck! Anyhow, thank you bro. You and I have been through so much shit - good and bad, drunk and messed up in other ways... you know me so well, you know all the dark secrets and not so secret darkness as well as the good that I try to do and yet you have stood by me all of these years. My first and only wingman - you are a great friend and you are going to love LA... little more than year and you will see the golden sea and the magic of the end of the Western World. From long hair, to no hair, golden boxers and cigars to video games, Pulp Fiction and drinking, Basketball, getting to bitch slap you with only one arm, or a show all about cows... to the times that I have cried on your shoulder or in you drink, thank you. Through the darkness and the light you have been there for me, a blessing in pirate clothes. My love to you, you are so money bro, so money, but I think you now know it! =) God Bless and see you soon!
Scott: To me brother - thank you so much. Your kind words in the video, your hard work on this wonderful party that you guys made for me... your love and friendship has been a priceless gift of mine for years. There was a time when you and Kel moved away and I was afriad that we would never the same, never be as close again and I let the friendship wain... but I got a second chance to make it all right... which most people never do... and for that I am so thankful, because you both have been some of the best friends a guy could ask for - the voice of reason in my sometimes dark and crazy life. There is something else that I feel the need to thank you for. You were one of, if not the, person who is responsible for making me who I am today. You told me the great story of how we meet, and how that changed your life... well, now it is my turn to tell you a little story that I don't know if you know or not. The time and place, freshman year, East Campus. There was a girl that you wanted the chance to see, one you had the hots for and had known from going to school in Cary as I remember, Lianne (I think I spelled that wrong). But being the person you are, you didn't want to go to this audition... yes I said audition... alone. This is where you knew that you could get to see her and talk to her, and even get the chance to be in the show too... now I wanted nothing to do with this "theatre" stuff at the time... but you said I should come, it might be fun and I thought "shit, if don't, what am I going to do while you are there... I mean there are no Ice Cream trucks to chase alone in the fall... sure, I'll go" (this thought might not be the exact thing I was thinking... but I bet it was close) So i went... and because I was a guy I was made to audtion... but the one this we told not to do was sit on the black boxes on stage... so I had no desire to get cast, I went and sat on the black box during my scene... which I never spoke once during... but the bug got me that day as we were leaving the theatre, and the rest as they say... Thank you man. For this, for all the wonderful D&D, the sleepovers, the walks to the gas station, Christmas Light in June, Alice in Chains, getting me to see Stritch with the only tool you knew I could not resist - free food! You have been the best friend money can buy.... I mean the best friend a girl could ask for... No...uh... I got it, You are the best friends anyone like me could ever dream of - and I have drempt of so super cool stuff! I cannot wait to walk Sunset with you and Kel and go to the movies where all the big stars see their films for the first time. Thank you!
Kel: You amaze me that you still want to be my friend after all you know about me - I mean, I still dig Space Ghost! =P I am so glad to have you so close to me, as such an important part of my life. You told me once that I am the reason that you and Scott are together. Well, I don't know if that is true or not, but thank you if it is. You two are so great for one and other, and I want you to take care of each other, I know you will. You have also been so great for me. You, alone, have kept me so grounded in my life - seeing that I could touch the sky, but I could do it while keeping my feet grounded. You have been a great rock and I am glad that when you came back to McHenry, we could regrow the friendship that we almost lost. Don't think I am going to make that same mistake again. I have so many fun memories of you and I... doing theatre at West, some of the great notes I got to read the other day from my posters (some things change and some never do) and I am so thankful to know you. One day soon you will be in LA with Bree, Nick and I... and who knows who else... Ben? =) If you like, I can send you a movie to watch every week... either one from my collection, or just a list, so that way you don't miss out on our movie night! Much love and don't be too sad - you and Scott will be in LA before you know it!
(This is all for now... my hands and my heart is starting to hurt... look for an update when I get to Park City - till then!)
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for that. LUMTA GCCw/PF M&Ks
Post a Comment