So I just got home from my first "Agent Night" at Reel Pros.
This is much the same as the CD Workshops - one big difference is that you bring in your own goods.
So I did a scene from Beyond Therapy, I played Stewart and the reader (no partner in this one) read Prudence (the role Bree played when we did the show at Stage Left back in 2004)
The two agents were Mary Dangerfield from Match Point (she was a CD, a producer, director and owned a different agency, all in other lifetimes) and Ryan Olson from AEF and he just made partner (or something similar to that, as he was saying). Both were super nice, both said they were looking for new blood to add to their rosters, and both had some wonderful thoughts on where the industry is at the moment.
I went second (only cause the guy that went first was on his way up while they were setting up for the scene part of the night) and I killed. The scene got lots of laughs, both agents said I did a great job and Mary said she thought I was very funny. At the end of the night, I asked if they would take my reel - both said yes and both took it.
All and all a great night! Already got thank you cards in the mail to them!
Tomorrow is my "Theatre Auditioning" class thru Steppenwolf with the Artistic Director of the Geffen - which should be wonderful.
And I just got word that next week I am shooting the Transformers Spoof - I am playing Megatron... I'm not sure just how this is going to work out, but it should be fun.
Keep your fingers crosses for me.
Till next time!
J.

2 comments:
Sounds great! Good luck with the theater one!
All hail Megatron!
Post a Comment