Monday, June 04, 2007

Back we head to LA

So we just got back into LA today after a long week in Chicago and beyond.


We came in last week on Tues, hung out with some of the crew - Scott and Kel, Steve and Becky, Corey and Beth... plus Bree and myself, all at Brass. Good times, got to met Becky for the first time, she seems like a doll - very sweet.


Then the next day was all about the real reason we were home - Brian's big Graduation. We went to service (I say that because there was a full mass before they transitioned into graduation!?) and then went back to the Pavey house for cake and Xbox... well, Brian and I played Halo 2 online while the other did... whatever...


Thursday, Bree took her sister Steph and her buddy to get their nails done while I took the "muffin" wagon out around Crystal Lake and then that night I had dinner while Bree was putting out family fires.


Friday began the long part of the trip - starting with a 6 hour drive to the far side of the world - Greensberg, IN (I think that was the name of the town). Pop - 14... not really, but to me, it was like being in Oklahoma - it looked the same, which was kinda cool.


Over the course of the next few days, I hung out with Bree's mother, Nanny (the coolest 90 yr old lady on the planet) and the rest of her mother's family. We went to "The Legion" and had some beers, got to see the lake and ate... a lot. I also won a tough series of games of Yahtzee!


Sunday, after a home cooked meal, we drove the 6 hours back in on again, off again rain. (On the way there, it was sunny so we had the top down and I got the worst "farmer's tan" I have had in years! We went to Lansu's for dinner - saw Jack, who punched me the face and laughed (well, kinda... we were trying to get him to stop being such a cruboppel... and that seemed to be the key - note to self, get hit in the face, kids laugh!) =)


We then returned to the Pavey Home - which was our home base while we were in town - I hung with Brian and Halo'd for an hour or so while Bree showed her mom pictures... and then before bed we learned what kind of music turns on 16 yr old girl (Steph had friends over - and they ladies stayed for a sleep over...) Ahh... you learn something new every day... sometimes, not something you really wanted to ever know... but hey, I take what life lessons I can get.


So this morning we headed out at 4:15 am with Larry (Bree's Dad) driving us to the airport - he too was flying out this morning... and at 7am boarded our plane to head back home to LA. A limo met us at the airport and home we came. Bree couldn't wait to see Jabez and neither could I... while I love being back in McHenry, I also love being here and just wish I could be in both places. I mean, I hate having to go back to work... I wish I could just hang out all the time... that would rule... but it is nice to be back in LA.


We have a lot already going on this week. Neither one of us heads back to "work" till Thursday, but tonight I am meeting with another agent, tomorrow we are back in rehearsal for the play we are opening in next week and then I have a lot of other work that needs to be put off no longer. So while it seemed like we would have a few days to relax, we stepped off the plane and we are right back to work. =) Which is a good thing - I am sick of not work all the time as an actor - I want a TV show in the worst way and being home was nice, it gave me some time to think about all the things that are important to me... 90% of the trip was a blast and I cannot wait to come home again at Christmas... maybe again before then, but I am not sure that will happen (it will if we start filming this other movie... but we shall see what happens with all that)


Oh... and to the McHenry crew... we are not going to be able to be home through New Years this year... unless something really great happens in the next few months, we just will not be able to get off all the time that we need to be home for the wedding, Christmas and New Years.... sorry guys!


Well, I love you all and will talk to you in few days - give updates on the agent thing and the play and anything else sweet that happens!


J.

1 comment:

Perfectly Paper said...

It was great to have you home Jas - we really miss you! I'm glad that your trip was overall a good time. Can't wait to see you again. A few months and we'll be heading out to your neck of the woods. I'm proud that you posted so soon too - keep it up!! Love ya!