Friday, March 02, 2007

A night without an end..

So I was up this morning till 4am working away...

I don't know what it was or why, but between a few things I had been reading some stuff that happened to me over the past week and the way my socks came out of the dryer, I have come to terms with the fact that I am not fully happy with the way things have been lately... Now before you stop reading or think that I have fallen into a deep hole of "Oh my life sucks" - don't worry (mamagumm - one of my reading pleasures was the post you left me on here some time ago)

No, in fact things are on the path from being okay and passable to great!

Why was I up till 4am, and what does that have to do with this?

Well, I realized that if you want to see a change in the way your life works, you have to change what you are doing - while I have told myself that a few times and have tried it out, in the end I tried to change as little as I could while still wanting to see a change in my life.

Well, yesterday I locked away all of my Xbox games in mine and Bree's Storage locker and they aren't coming back till April 5th.

Also, I dropped the soda from my diet - I am one day clean! =) While I have gone back to coffee in big way (How do you like that Scott) I feel it is better for me, and I feel better about it too.

I am hitting the gym everyday - no breaks, no excuses. Ysterday was weight-training, and today I was going to hit Spin class at 6am... but I skipped it... and ran after work instead - I needed more than 2 hours of sleep. =)

I have a list of things that I said I was going to do and haven't - there was a time when my word was gold and somewhere in my last few years I lost that, and now I want it back.

~ Mail my headshot and resume to agents
~ Audition for a SAG movie
~ Adapt Macbeth to a screenplay
~ Write Document
~ Sell the Motorcycle

And the list goes on...

The first two I have done - the mailing is why I was up till 4am - 40 agents, looking for theatrical rep - it took a total of 7 hours! Whew!

I want to have guest stars and audition for pilots - don't get me wrong - I am SUPER proud of Bree, but I want to play ball too, not just watch!

The SAG Movie was "The Midnight Meat Train".. the audition was fun and I am sure I will never hear from those guys about it =)

As for the last three - I am giving myself march - every week I am going to knock one off the list - and I know... You will believe it when you see - well get ready to see, cause I am done f*ck'n around with my life.

Just as I am trying to get my acting and my health to where I want it, the rest of my ducks need to get in line too...

So enough ranting, I got work to do - oh yeah, and I will be back sooner than I was before, with more news, cause stuff is about to start happening all the time!

Love ya guys!

J.

1 comment:

Skahfee said...

Good for you, buddy. I am also trying to turn my life around, as you found on my blog. Best of luck and if there's anything I can do to help(besides offer moral support, which you know I'm beaming in your direction), let me know!