Tuesday, May 02, 2006

And The Winner is...


Resurrection Mary for BEST FEATURE FILM at the Chicago Horror Film Festival! Not only did it win - but it also got the People's Choice Award as well! I got a wonderful, short email from Michael, my buddy and the director

Resurrection Mary was in the 7th Chicago Horror Film Fest over the weekend. 36 films made the cut... from countries like Great Britain, Ireland, Japan, Canada, Austrailia and all across the US. And while we may have had the smallest budget, we came home with THE BIGGEST PRIZES! Yep... Resurrection Mary, our little movie, did it... winning Best Feature Film and the Audience Choice Award. WOW! My jaw hit the floor and I haven't stopped smiling yet. Congratulations to EVERYONE in the cast, crew and The Cooked Goose Productions Family. I never in a million years thought we could win against such competition... Mickey Rooney, PJ Soles (Halloween) and the director of Children of the Corn had films in this festival... so this truly is one heck of an honor for all of us. So to everybody who supported us... we appreciate and love you for it... and thanks for believing in ghosts.

Michael Lansu
Writer/Director/Your Friend
Cooked Goose Productions, Inc.

So thank you to everyone who saw the premiere when Bree and I were home and have been supportive all this time while we have been working hard to make our dreams come true.

And if THAT wasn't cool enough - I went to the Chicago Horror Film Festival website to check out all of the winners - and I saw that a film I worked on last year at this time (a short called Post Mortem) won Best Special Effects! So I had two films in the festival - didn't even know it - and BOTH of them won something! SUPER COOL! =)

Today saw an audition for a SAG Bud Lite spot - so I hope the good luck keeps on roll'n my way - and yesterday and tomorrow I am working/worked on the set for "The LA Weekly Loves Us" which opens next week Friday! So lots of great things are going on right now - tons of good acting stuff! Groundlings is going great for Bree and she has been auditioning alot to - went to a reading for a wonderful period film, kinda like Quills, except ALOT more twisted.

Cannot wait to come home see some McHenry Peeps soon!

Love ya!

J

1 comment:

Michael Hoag said...

Big congrats, mon capitan!

See you soon, as weddin' season approaches.