Thursday, July 21, 2005

Another day, another rehearsal...

So Last weekend I went up in the play "Doubting Thomason" in the role of Teddy/Lee, which is the gay Drama Queen (where I got naked, so you all missed out on that fun! :P) I had three nights and I milked them for all they were worth and the audience seemed to just eat it up. With a week of prep and one rehearsal I was very proud of the work that came out of it and I had alot of fun doing it. the man who owns the theatre that we used, Michael Holms, just loved my creation of the roles and other than a few minor notes, was really, REALLY impressed with my work on the show and my understanding of the character. I was very flattered... and then I later found, while cleaning out the theatre and getting things read for us to come in and work there, a letter of recommendation for Michael... from UTA HAGEN! He had been one of here acting students and this letter spelled out that she felt he was one of her very best! So that is... WOW!

...so for the past week we have been rehearsing "Doubting Thomason", myself in my role of the 6-week run Thomason/Robert, which is going to be a wonderful role. I have a few moments of humor, but overall, I am back to playing the grounding straight character, which is wonderful thing to be a part of, because all the other actors in the show are so amazingly giving! Bree has been doing so many amazing things with her creation of Lynnette/Bonnie (I think I spelled that right...) The humor is so strong with her and the sweet moments that we have together... they are just heartbreaking sometimes... It is truely amazing... So the show is going great and we have a preview on Saturday as my parents are coming to LA to see us this weekend... and it opend next week Thursday.

RPM Talent called me back - and they are going to sign me. I have a meeting with them on Monday to talk over my contract and where and how we go from here. So that is going to quite amazing - this is a huge step in the right direction and I am SO happy! =)

Oh!!! before I forget... so Steven, the director of this run of the show, he set us up to rehearse a few nights away from the theatre because there were classes in there... and where did he get, but Stage 9 at CBS Radford - the "Life According to Jim" soundstage! It was the coolest thing in the world! Just getting to walk around CBS and knowing that we were there to work in the same place where Gary Senece was filming CSI:NY! So sweet! Things are happen'! =)

...other news... working... alot... Nick is here in 7 days! I cannot wait! BCK: Call me and we will set up a time to Halo! Koehler: I am not dead and we are going to get together soon! Scott and Kel: I love and miss you guys! Michael and Kera: You are in my heart! I love and miss you as well! Little H: what is going on? I hope that all is well, my love is with you!

That is all for today - I have to head to work and bree is filming today, on the set of "Being NSYNC"... i know she is having a blast!

-J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason!! I'm glad you posted again! It's good to hear what you guys are up to. Glad everything is going well ,it will be soon that I will be able to see you and my Ben on the same screen!! I'm jealous that Nick will be with you guys so soon, but wait till you see him! Miss you guys lots, we're trying to save as much so we can get out there as soon after the wedding as we can! Much love you to, Kel