As one might guess, I have been a bit on the busy side of late, both Bree and myself, with the move and getting unpacked and what not... so here is cliff notes version of our lives since I came back to McHenry to get her and Jabez.
~ Feb 10th: I head out to LAX for the all-day and into the night flight from LA to Chicago... Bree meets me at the airport and drives me home, this is the first time I have gotten to see her or anyone from home in over a month. While in LA, I found us a nice place to live in Highland Park, Bree calls us "El Taco Norte" since we are some of the only white people that live in this area... but it is very nice and we have everything we need within minutes of where we live.
5223 1/2 Monte Vista Street
Los Angeles, CA 90042
So, we come home and over the next week we pack up the house, I load the Uhaul, we get to see my parents and go out for dinner @ Fox Hole Pizza, we head up to milwaukee to get my new headshots done before I leave for LA (and I think that they look really cool - they will be good for a while, till I get an agent and he tells me to get new ones, because they always do that! =P) we got to eat @ Pizza Man, saw Chris for his birthday with all of the McHenry Gang, went to Brass w/ Steve, Jen, Beth and Corey, ate a ton of times @ Haystacks (where I got to hang with Dave and Nick a bunch!), got to see my two best friends in the world get engaged on Valentine's Day (Scott and Kel!) and overall got to spend some great time with my close friends and my family
~ Feb 19th: Bree and I, with the truck loaded, the car packed and Jabez ready for the long trip, said "See you soon" to her parents, Nick, Jen and Steve... and then we set out for LA. During the first day we got as far as Lincoln, NE and we stop'd for the night... the next day we got as far as Vale, CO and the snow was coming down so hard we had to stop for the night... the next day we got to Vegas and stay'd with Bree's good buddy Amy and the day after that we pull'd into town... LA was under a mass cloud of on-and-off rain and they said it was going to keep doing this for the next few days (it didn't) - we got here in the afternoon and we unload the truck with the help of our neighbors from across the street and my buddy Bryan (thanks a ton pal! =D) Over the next few days, we got things unpacked and started to organize, we met our upstairs neighbor, her name is Kelly, an actor and very cool.
~ March 3rd: Bree finds the number of a "Calling Service" named Vision Casting, which for those of you the don't know what that is, out in LA lots of people make a living being extra's in films and TV shows, and the calling service will call you and book you to do background work, otherwise you have to call all of the "Casting Hotline's" everyday and do it yourself... Well, we sign'd up for a month (and it is month to month) and she booked us for a movie that weekend - Akeela and the Bee w/ Laurence Fishburn! Elise, the woman we sign'd up with, told us to register with Central Casting, because they do 80% of the work in town and it would be really easy to get us booked if we signed up with them... so we did that on Friday... and on the way home Bree calls the ladies hotline and books a new Fox show called "Crazy Lawyers" with Chris O'Donnell on Monday and while she is on the phone looking up stuff for me, I get called by Central to work on Will and Grace on Monday and Tuesday! So we have been booking work all week...
Jason: Mon and Tues: Will and Grace Wens: Summerland (WB) Thurs: The West Wing Fri: ?
Bree: Mon: Crazy Lawyers Tues: Crossing Jordan Wens: CSI:Miami Thurs: The West Wing Fri:?
So things have been cool - Bree has been having a blast and has been featured everytime that she has been on one of the shows, while I got to work the easiest job ever - sit at a cafe and pretend to talk and then get excited and leave... no lines for either of us yet, but we are starting to figure out where things are, getting on sets and learning how things work from the inside out.
I am going to start looking for some kind of survival job soon though, because the background thing doesn't pay so great and we need some more money coming in, you know =)
Well, we love and miss you guys SO MUCH! And we cannot wait to come home to see Resurrection Mary and see everyone, or when you guys come out here to hang out! I have to go and get ready for Summerland tonight and get our clothes out of the dryer! =)
Email, call or txt us! We have our phones with us on-set almost everyday!
Love and miss you!
J.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment