Yeah, I know that i skip'd "Part two" but that was when I was going to write me that day and since i am just going to fill you in now, we are just going to keep moving on =) And I am very sorry for not updating any sooner - I have been super busy trying to find a place for bree and I live, so it has been hard updating...
The 25th- Feb 1st:
During the rest of the fest i saw bunch more films (at this point in the fest all I wanted to do anymore was see films and get going to LA, i had been done with the whole "Let's get into private parties" thing...)
So i got to see "Strangers with Candy" and met the writer/director Paul Dinello, saw "The Chumscrubber" with Glenn Close, "Reefer Madness: The Musical" w/ Alan Cummings (who's birthday it was that day and the whole theatre sang 'Happy Birthday' to him!), "The Hero" (which won the Best World Dramatic Grand Jury Prize) and a few others, which I cannot seem to remember and as a result I am thinking that they were not that good then, or I would have remembered them.
On the night of the 29th - Mike and I went to the awards event and the after party (we were one of the only non-current filmmakers that were let into the event and that is because we got a great hook-up on tickets!) So we watched the awards, drank the free drinks (we also had a nice hook-up with this, a friend that will remain nameless, that got us drink tickets all night long so we never had to pay for anything. Even John C. Riley didn't have that =D) and ate the wonderful free food... saw and talked to John C. Riley, saw Steve Buscemi and Crispen Glover... got to talk with the lead actors from Monster Thursday (which was very cool)... got to hang out with Rachel finally! But after a littl while the party began to get boring and I seemed to lose eveyone, so I just hop'd the bus back...
The next day and the day after, we broke down the festival - the town was totally dead again and all the filmmakers had gone back to Hollywood, or where else they were from... and we were alone in Park City again... the fest came down much faster than it went up (which is always the way) and the night before I set out, there were a ton of people over at my condo, I got to go in the hot tub finally (which was fun) and the next morning I set out for LA (the morning of Feb 1st)
~Meanwhile~ Back in McHenry, there was wonderment brewing, as my buddy Steve bought Bree's home and set the pieces in motion for her and I to be together in a much timely fashion than I thought we were going to be! (Which is SUPER!) So the house is sold and Bree has begun to pack the house up and figure out how we are going to get all of our things across the country to LA...
So, on the morning of Feb 1st - @ 6am, i set off westward and through the final leg of my trip. Got to talk to a few more people on the phone, Bree, Paul, my family and others... and during my time in Vegas I stop'd long enough to eat at In-n-Out Burger! But something bad happens as I cross into California... I stop'd at a gas station and while getting out of the car I drop'd my phone on its face and brake the screen - which in turn cause me to lose all txt ablilty for about 5 days! AHH! But I keep on trucking and get to LA and to Brian's and things are going great!
So strating the very next day, I am very down, about the phone and my brain hurts in thinking about how the crap am I going to find us a place to live on such short notice!? But thanks to the magic of craigslist.com I find a ton of places, and Brian and I walk all over his area to look at place and write down everyone that i come across! Well... a few days go by, I look at a bunch of place, and call about million it seems, and then I found one in Highland Park... hardwood floors, beautiful place... and I get this for us... so now that the search is over, Bree has gotten me a plane ticket to come back to Chicago (which i hear is SUPER COLD AGAIN! AHHH!) I am ready to enjoy the few days that I have here.
So I meet up with my other buddy Bryan (notice the difference in spelling!) who I worked on "Boo!" with (Thank you Lansu and Wollner) and we get the chance to hang out - I got to see his place an on Superbowl Sunday, he takes me with a few of his pals (Connor and Brian) to Q's, which is this cool pool bar, where Mr.cool ~ Vince Vaughn comes to watch the game! (well he was there for about 20 mins, then he went next door, I think there were more woman there, but he came back later) And Connor, Brian, Bryan, Koehler and I are going to start "Halo 2" gaming soon and that should be just a blast!
And Koehler and I have been watching WWE again (got to see the Royal Rumble a few days ago!) and we have been watching tons of cartoons and playing video games... which has been tons of fun. My txt powers are back, as I got me new phone in the mail yesterday and Bree and I talk on the phone everyday! Which is great (not nearly as great as seeing her everyday would be, but about as great as I can have since we are still 2000 miles apart for at least a few more days...)
But on the 10th I will be touching down on Midwestern Soil again, as a California resident... Bree's and my new address is:
5223 1/2 Monte Vista ~ Los Angeles, CA ~ 90042
The phone numbers for now are going to stay the same and if you want to send things (even a card or something) I would wait till the end of the month, because we won't be back there till then...
Much love to you all, and thanks for the support thus far - it has been great and much needed! I cannot wait to see as many people as I can when I get back to Chicago, and I want to thank those of you that have been so supportive and taken such good care of my baby while I have been away making a place for us in the "New World" =D
For the end of the western world ~ J.
GCC W/PF
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
GCCw/PF my love... until THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!!!! AAHHHHHH!!!! Seems like a damned lifetime since you've been home! Go forth swiftly like the wind carries the dove o'er mountaintops and springs to the endless meadow called home.
Update your blog, yo...luv Stakee.
Post a Comment