So, a ton of great things happening.
The past weekend, Bree and I took part in the AIA Pilot Season Intensive. It was three long days of hard work in front of agents and CD's working in film and TV, bunches of them having pilots (kinda of, I come back to this) this season.
We did a bunch of workshop/classes within this weekend and got tons of great feedback. Two agents thought I was super funny and one thought I was alot better looking in person than my photo! (Always a good thing). The head of Sony Pictures Casting LOVED Bree and the woman who casts The Sara Conner Chronicles loved both of us. The woman who cast X-Files (I know it is off the air!) thought I was super funny!
So a great weekend of networking!
-Pause for a bit of Strike News - So, the reason I said kinda on the pilots, is casue, if you didn't know, the Writer's Guild has gone on strike and that means no new TV or movies for a while... any scripts that have already been bought can be filmed, just not altered... but there are picket lines at every studio, at filming locations... so no auditions or work for a little bit... boo! -Unpause-
Bree went in for another TV last week, guest star (not Without A Trace this time - but she is still working on that one!) and she signed with a new commercial agent.
I have been doing a bunch of these CD workshops, reading for the Boston Legal people, Big Bang Theory, trying to get my foot in that comedy door.
Also - I have a big audition coming up next week for the Guthrie Theatre's 2008 Season.
AND Resurrection Mary is now on Fearnet/COMCAST On Demand - so check it out if you haven't yet!
Much Love as always!
J.

9 comments:
Glad to hear so much is going on for you! Keep up the good work. It's just a matter of time before we see you on TV! :)
Sounds like you guys are really workin' your butts off.
I'm so proud of you guys, keep up the good work!!
Alright, it's time to post!
Blah
THERE AND BACK AGAIN Dec- 13- 2007 9: 15: 00 AM [Scott]
Or, "In which I whine like a girl scout."
So, following more relationship drama yesterday (this time with a friend, rather than family.. although that has been a continuing headache as well), I have come to the decision that this has probably been the worst year of my life.
If it's the worst, I certainly would have realized i
Or, "In which I whine like a girl scout."
So, following more relationship drama yesterday (this time with a friend, rather than family.. although that has been a continuing headache as well), I have come to the decision that this has probably been the worst year of my life.
If it's the worst, I certainly would have realized it earlier, right? I mean, that's the sort of thing that doesn't go unnoticed. But, it's been such a day-by-day sort of existence.. and only now that I'm contemplating writing my obligatory "year in review" post, am I realizing what a stinker 2007 was.
Let's see...
The year started with a string of unexpected stress and expenses caused by sick kitties. One was scratching herself bald, the other was puking up everything he ate over the course of a week or more.
Then of course, there were my own health issues. I had a bout of severe back pain over the course of a week or two that finally went away with some chiropractic care, only to suddenly flare up severely one day. That gave me my first ambulence ride, my first hospital stay, my first surgery, and my first experience with physical therapy. Not to mention no small amount of pain and, again, expense.
I watched the decline and inevitable end of a very old, dear, important friendship this year. This particular incident hurts me badly, and I recognize I'm not going to get the closure I need there.
Yesterday's incident made me face that another, newer, friendship is at its end, and that I might as well write off two others. One of those things where we (Kelly and I) definitely could/should have put in more effort... yet we certainly put in no less than anyone else in this particular "side of the family" did, and we seem to be the ones who are being outcast.
And, on the subject of outcast, there's the whole kerfluffle that I had with my family. Those of you who know that story certainly don't need to hear it again... and those who haven't... it doesn't really matter. Irreconcilable differences between myself and the rest of the Smith clan is all it really comes down to.
Anyway, writing about it just makes me think of more to complain about. I hate being that "my life sucks, feel bad for me" kind of blogger that drives Kelly and me nuts. I realize my "worst year" was still a pretty damn good one compared to the lives of the rest of my species. I didn't go hungry, I was (reasonably) healthy, my friends and family are (reasonably) healthy. Despite the drama, I do have a lot of people in my life who remain very important to me. I didn't see, cause, or become the victim of any violence. I'm lower middle class compared to my nation, but extravigantly wealthy compared to a vast majority of mankind. I do know that if this remains the worst year, I'll be a very lucky guy.
Still..... blah.
So... I guess here's hoping for a brighter 2008. I need to stop picking at the scabs of old, ruined relationships. I need to light a fire under my ass and do something with myself. Dammit, I just need some good stuff to happen this next year!
Hmm, so I see someone... uh, copied a post from my blog... into your comments section.
You have, I think, the first recorded instance of Blog Performance Art in your comments section.
Weird.
Oh, uh, by the way, it was cool seeing you two this weekend. :D
What a weirdo... geez.
They must have nothing better to do than stalk your blog, eh? This post only goes to show how psycho and obsessive they are about you Scott.
Yeah... this is so strange... I thought at first it was you posting it...
people are so weird sometimes.
Updated entry is coming tonight. =) And it was great getting to see you guys!
- J.
Where to begin! Like you son I too spend time wondering how I ended up with the wonderful woman I did. I am always reminded of that saying – better to be lucky than good and I guess in the arena of love we both got really lucky and found women that far exceed our normal reach.
Your mother and I were so happy when we heard you were getting engaged and the idea that your grandmother’s ring could be passed down to the next generation would have pleased her very much. She may not have always shown it but she really loved and cherished all here grandchildren and especially “her” actor!!!
2007 seemed to be a year full of events for us and many others I know too. We hope and pray that you and Bree (and Colleen, John and the grand children) are blessed with a wonderful and positive event filled year in 2008. I know that feeling that one gets when they have been “home” with loved ones friends and then have to leave to get back to their life in another place far away. I wish I could say it goes away but it never does, not for one who cares and wants to be with all those people that mean something in his life from all the locations – at times the world is just too big. And as I always like to say B.A.L.
Great blog, very touching and heart felt.
Love Mom and Dad
Post a Comment