Monday, August 07, 2006

I have outdone myself this time

...even I am suprised at how long I have let this blog collect dust before I returned to it.

I have no good reason, other than I have been really lazy and I also didn't want to be given a hard time for not working on Document, or getting it done in ANY form of a timely fashion... You would think I would want to work on it since everyone I know had been giving me a hard time about getting to read it - mainly because I asked them to, and yet I am still be super lazy and not working on it... Well, that was until this morning. I started to finally type out some of the ideas that I have and I getting them organized - it might not be good when I am done, but at least it will be done... soon, I think...

Onto other news - the past few weeks have been kind of a funk - not many auditions and I haven't been trying that hard to get them either. Work had turned on me about a week and half ago and because I am going to learn from TMK I am not going to talk about what happened, just that it kinda sucked but now I seem to be back in line with what I wanted from it.

The main reason I return to cyber-land is because of a wonderful conversation I had with my manager and friend Steve about my life and carrer here in LA. Over the last week or so, my mind and body have been waking up to the world and work that I am apart of and I have come to realize that if I don't get my shit together soon, I might as well pack up my crap, take my ball and go home. And the funny thing is, none of this is a suprise to me - I just let so much time slip by without even seeing it go...

See, my lazy video gaming on every free moment that I have (Oblivion, tho I have betten it, has been taking up all of my time as well as NCAA 2007 Football! I didn't even go to a Big Ten school and yet I love this game!) is killing my slowly - not that gaming in small amounts isn't okay - because it is =), but I spend WAY to much time doing it. I don't spend enough time working on my acting, trying to get work and generally doing research and development of myself. I also have doing the "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow" game of getting that going, and get myself in shape - I mean, lets face it, I have never been in life threating shape, but I also have never looked like Brad Pitt or any A&F covermodel - and there is no reason why I can't if I just put my mind to it and work at it.

So little building block by block I have been working toward fixing this problem - thought working out, and eating, doing my research online and getting the trades to find Bree and myself acting work. There is no reason in world that I cannot be doing the majority of the work from home, since I spend most of the time AT HOME!

So that is where I am at... I am sorry to those of you that I hardly email or respond to - lately I haven't wanted to do anything but sleep and play video games and the more I do that, the less I want to do anything else - It just isn't making me feel any better, so a life change is in order. I hope I gives me the chance to let you in on some super cool things that begin to happen because of it! =)

So one day at a time I getting it all back together and moving forward.

Much love and missing you all so much,

Jason

4 comments:

Skahfee said...

"I started to finally type out some of the ideas that I have and I getting them organized - it might not be good when I am done, but at least it will be done... soon, I think..."

You're working on your first draft, right? Dude, at this point, Done is SOOOO much more important than Good. Worrying about Good is one of my classic forms of procrastination, and it's a powerful one because it makes me feel like I'm being productive. Don't mess with fonts, formatting, wording, making dialogue sound real, filling plot holes, writing good descriptive text, etc etc. Just get the structure down on paper, the basic "this happens followed by this and this and that" and then it's all about rewriting and editing over and over again until you're happy with it.

I smell a little too much hypocracy in trying to give you a hard time about not writing. So I won't. But do it! : )

Confusion Say said...

I smell Asian pork product candies...

Confusion Say said...

P.S. Thanks for the extra step, but I already got him to cave....waaahahaha! The powers of pork!

Perfectly Paper said...

I was excited to hear that you cracked Paul with the Faire. Let us know how it was after you go!