Thursday, January 19, 2006

Calling all peeps!

So I found this pick of living the good life - Nono, in the great white north - enjoy =)



AND NOW TO BREAKING NEWS!

We have landed - and even better we have internet back!

So we landed in the world of NoHo (north Hollywood - just on the other side of the hill from the world famous sign) on Saturday and have been unpacking since then. So let us recount the great and not so great of the past few days.

Thursday - packing, audition, and checking out this new totally rad desk we got! (which broke down and then we had to do some work fixing it)

Friday - worked a double in the bar and closed, which caused me and Bree to not be able to leave until 1:30am

Saturday - awoke @ 6am to get ready. Nick and I drove to get the Uhaul @ 7am... they had the wrong truck for us and so we ended up with a 19-foot truck when we ordered a 26-foot truck! (The 26 was a stick and we needed an auto, which they had none of!) So we drove the truck back to the old place and loaded it in the rain with the help of our newest bunkmate, Dash Leah (who some of you know and others do not) - at around 11am we were ready for our 1st trip - Nick and I headed to Pasadena to get our new desk (and this is where it broke, because it fell out of the truck while we were trying to load it up... but we managed to fix it up quite nice) and then we headed to the new place in NoHo. We unloaded, Dash left for work (or to get ready around 1:30pm) and we finished up the first load around 6pm... and then went to grab some dinner, quick. We live on the second floor in both places and there is no elevator in either place so you can see the problem already... So we head back and load up what we can/must-go-in-the-truck items and then head back to NoHo to unload again... we finish just short of midnight and we are spent... so I hooked up the Xbox -Bree, Nick and I had In and Out Burgers (which is now less than a five minute drive from the house) - Nick and I get loaded, Bree heads off to sleep, Jabez is running around sniff'n the new place and Dash chills and plays Halo with Nick and I till I need to go to bed...

Sunday - the unpacking begins, for some reason (and I cannot figure this out) I wake up @ 8am... not because the 'hood assholes have come out - no, it is as quite as can be! (I love this, as the last place that we lived was a hellhole, I now see - so much noise, dirty and overall just not a good place to be) So we get up, hit Denny's for breakfast (which is now two blocks away!) and begin unpacking and then we had to head off to work that night! ...oh, and did I mention there is a hot tub at this new place - I went and soaked my hurting body in that for about 20 mins... and then to work =) So in the end it was an okay day.

Monday - MLK Jr's B-day and that gave us the day off (could we have picked a better time to move!?) More unpacking and some shopping @ IKEA and other places to get some goods for the new place. So unpacking, our eating and shopping and overall working around the house...

Tuesday - I worked the opening shift and Bree had to head off to Manager Bootcamp in Santa Monica for the day - so when I wrapped worked around 2:30 Nick came to get me and we headed off to the house. More unpacking, working hard to get the place up to speed and then we watch Goonies on our bootleg'd cable (someone must have not have their shut off or something... but it was sweet to have it for free for a day!)

Yesterday - No work today... at least not DG for me, thought Bree had to go into work and she had an audition. So Nick and I spent the day unpacking what we could and putting as much of our shit away as we could. We went back to IKEA to get a few more things (I think that we are done with that for the time being) That night we went to dinner at this wonderful little cafe, called Eclectic Cafe (and you guessed it, it is only a block down the street!) After dinner I headed off to my theatre company meeting - 3KO Broadway Theatre (3KO.org) The meeting went great - we are having a showcase in a few weeks about Valentine's Day and it is going to be a bunch of original 10-min or less plays, and some of the ones that I got to read were SO funny, I hope that I get cast in them (we were kinda auditioning the scenes and the actors at the same time... so we shall see what happens with that.

Today - I awoke at noon! I was so happy, nothing or no one woke me up! Ok...well I did get up to fix the show for Bree and then went back to sleep... but since I don't have to work until 6pm tonight and I have an audition tonight @ 4:30 in Hollywood, I figured I could sleep in and rest my bones up for a change!

So thinga here are starting to go really great. After my readings at the meeting yesterday and I going to put my energy behind getting TV work for right now, comedy (sitcom-type stuff) One of the members of my company wrote for a bunch of major shows (Taxi, Gimmie a Break, The Bob Newheart Show, The Wonder Years) and he loved my stuff so I feel like I have found some direction to take my work - a focus, instead of just trying to get whatever, whenever! Which I feel is really good!

I think that everyone that hasn't, and those that have, should now come out to see us. Since we live in a nice place it would be good for the old vistors to come again and see this place and the new vistors would love it! So come one, come all (E3 is coming up! And where is my Frank Castle Special... I am going to have to drop my Warcraft account soon if I can't place, no reason to keep paying for nothing. And How is the website coming along Jen? I hope good! Let me know how everyone is doing. TMK, I will post pics in the next post or two!)



Later Taters,

J.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool deal...lookin' forward to 'em!! We'll have to plan a visit sometime, too! Hey to everyone from me and the Mrs.

~TMK

Anonymous said...

Love from home -- glad you guys have moved into a nicer place (all around sounds like!!!) Can't wait to see the new digs....hot tub - HUH!!!! Sounds good after a tough day. Bet you guys have already begun to forget about the old neighbor-HOOD!!! =-0 Loved the pics on the new entry, especially that last one. The cigar one brings back good memories of that day. B.A.L.

Jason Ryan Lovett said...

Yep - we all made it in one piece and we are lov'n it! Rockstar - call or txt me soon buddy, so we can hang out! ...and I am going back to old place tomorrow morning to do some work, so I will take some pics of that place for all to see (mainly for those that haven't ever seen... then you might really know why I am so happy to be here!)

Much love,
J